I’m a Growth-marketer-pivoted-to Product Manager at Holistics.io.
I love building products that improve human efficiency at work and in life.
Products I helped build and launch
- Implement growth strategies to increase total downloads from 500,000 to 900,000 within a year
- Interviewed customers to build customer persona
- Defined and promoted a consistent brand via in-app microcopy, landing page, and app store content
- Improved customer engagement and retention via targeted ad campaigns and email sequences
- Validated Product-market fit
- Re-built product landing page
- Defined customer profiles
- Launched: Password-protection, feedback collection slide-out
- Launched The Analytics Setup Guidebook on Product Hunt
- Improved the self-service experience of non-technical users: Metric Sheets, Geo Map (Heatmap, Filled Map, Custom Map), Cross-filtering, Drill-through…
- Improved Product team’s operation:
- Usability testing using prototypes
- Squad retrospectives
- Customer engagement ops
1. This blog!
I consider this blog my own product and each visitor is a customer. I managed and developed this blog with clear north star and proxy metrics. I will write about my journey with this blog soon (thinking of a title like “Blogging is Product management”).
2. Billboard 100 to Spotify Playlist
On my best friend’s 24th birthday, I built a small Python program to scrape all the top 100 songs being played the week he was born, and then to create a Spotify playlist of those songs. The program used BeautifulSoup and Spotipy modules.
You can check out my program on my Github page over here.
3. Finding homestays on Booking.com
My company often organizes field trips and I love being the one to find homestays for everyone. The pain point starts to emerge when I have to consolidate all the homestays that match our requirements in a Google Sheet for everyone to vote. It’s really time-consuming to copy and paste each location’s name, price, link… back and forth. Really cannot do that all day can I?
Therefore I’ve built a small program to scrape all the desired hotels on Booking.com, compare them to our budget, and list them nice and tidy in a Google Sheet form. The rest? Everyone jumps in to vote!
Check out my project on my Github.
Resources I grew up with
- Google Work Rules by Laszlo Bock
- The Design of Everyday Things by Donald A. Norman
- The Lean Startups by Eric Ries
- Lean Analytics by Alistair Croll, Benjamin Yoskovitz
- The Mom Test by Rob Fitzpatrick
- Rework by Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson
- Working Backwards: Insights, Stories, and Secrets from Inside Amazon by Bill Carr and Colin Bryar
- Upstream: The quest to solve problems before they happen
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup (review)
- The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win (review)
- Inside Intercom Podcast
- Intercom on Product Management
- This is Product Management
- Have a Sip
- How I built this with Guy Raz (highly recommended!)
- Recode daily
- Inside Intercom
- First Round Review
- Buy/Sell/Hold – A newsletter by Marker
- Marker by Medium
- First Round Review
- Commoncog by Cedric
- Lenny’s Newsletter
- Not Boring
- Bring the donut (by Ken Norton)
- Benn Stancil’s newsletter
- TechCrunch – This week in apps
- The SQL Tutorial for Data Analysis
- UX Design Fundamentals
- Designing infographics and data visualization
- Design better features by solving better problems
- Introduction to Computer Science and Programming in Python (MIT)
- Python with projects (Likelion)
- 100 days of code (Udemy)
Articles I wrote about tech
Articles I’ve read